Biogen sucht (Senior)Manager, Market Access(m/f)
(Senior)Manager, Market Access(m/f)
Job Description The (Senior)Manager, Market Access aims to support market access, pricing and reimbursement at a national and sub-national level, by ensuring adoption and recognition of the value of Biogen’s drugs – both in trade and in launch phase – with non-HCP stakeholders (payors, political decision makers etc. according to stakeholder mapping). For this aim, he/she works on multiple processes supporting decisions on health policy in Biogen’s therapeutic areas of interest through pharmacoeconomic levers, value messaging and public affairs activities. He/She is developing reimbursement/value dossiers for Hauptverband (Payor body) and other stakeholders (i.e. health insurances, hospitals, buying groups etc.). The creation of solid partnerships – with decision makers at various levels – is the basis for achieving important results in terms of market access and economic sustainability of the best therapies for patients. Internally, he/she is working closely with regulatory affairs, policy, medical affairs and marketing teams as well as with the regional EU+ market access team to ensure alignment with overarching Biogen strategies.
Key relationships are built an fostered to relevant stakeholders, decision makers and influencers, such as Insurance companies, Patient Advocacy Groups, Hospital stakeholders, Government Employees (e.g. Politicians, Reimbursement Authorities etc.).
In his/her role, the (Senior) Manager MA is also responsible to approach medical and public press in order to drive attention to unmet need in the respective indications covered by Biogen. He/she also takes care of general PR related activities across the affiliate.
- 1. Market Access, P&R:
– Contributes to and implements local market access strategies to ensure access to products for Austrian patients, both for commercialized and launch brands.
– Controls allocation of budget and resources and keeps track for timely reimbursement, optimal pricing and access
– Works with external vendors to develop market access tools and materials
– Informs decision making with regard to competitive environment and access scenarios and anticipating requirements from national and sub-national payors
– Ensures best launch and in-market pricing according to the market situation, aligned with Biogen regional and global strategies. Consolidates country input to regional and global strategy development.
– Supports commercial strategy and field success by collaborating with the field management team.
- 2. Regional and national Government Affairs: he/she creates solid partnerships with various decision makers (political and administrative regional stakeholders, pharmaceutical services organizations, national and regional committees, trade associations, patient advocacy groups, universities, etc.). He/she appears as a reliable source of information and knowledge useful for making responsible choices in health policy. He/she knows and constantly stays abreast of the national and regional legislations, strives to get to know Multiple Sclerosis and other disease areas with relevance to BIIB, and all their implications for the health system and for patients who suffer from them. His/her aim is to include these disease areas within the diseases to be considered as a priority in national and regional health policies.
- 3. Stakeholder management & insight creation: build/develop relationships and network with key (non-)HCPs stakeholders (decision makers) in each MS Centre (Hospital Managements (Board of Directors), Medical managers of neurology departments, Hospital Pharmacists, Hospital Financial Manager, retail pharmacists, Pharmacist-groups, regional sick-funds, regional health counselor (Gesundheitslandesrat) and others, according to BIIB stakeholder map) to identify business opportunities or issues impacting the potential for BIIB products, to provide the BIIB affiliate with relevant market information to facilitate strategic decision making.
- 4. Public relations and media
He/she is developing and implementing PR strategies (supporting product messaging, driving company image campaigns), cooperating with external PR agencies and internal functions. He/she partners with global/regional public affairs and the leadership team to create and implement internal communication tools.
Location Vienna, Austria
Job Category Market Access
Requisition Number 30308BR
• At least 3-5 year experience in pharmaceutical contexts, in market access specialty areas, or similar.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
• Knowledge of pharmaeconomics and of healthcare system and HTA budgeting
• Knowledge of AT healthcare legislation and system
• Ability to influence and persuade both internal and external stakeholders
• Internal and external networking, ability to inspire trust
• Excellent communication and relation building skills
• Ability to proactively face and solve potential or actual problems
• Result driven
• Co-operation and teamwork
• Project management
• Ability to deal with complexity
• Planning and monitoring
• Excellent experience and proven track record in negotiations; analytical thinking and accounting skills
• Fluent English and German
• Degree in economics or sciences
More Information and Application: jobs.biogen.com