CARE Österreich sucht Technical Advisor for Advocacy and Organizational Development
CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe, seeks an experienced full time
Technical Advisor for Advocacy and Organizational Development
CARE Österreich implements the three-year regional program “Learning for Change (L4C) Strengthening Women’s Voices in East Africa”. Direct target groups are staff of more than 20 partner organizations and CARE Offices in Ethiopia, Uganda and Rwanda. Advocacy is promoted in context of gender equality and diversity, psychosocial wellbeing, and women, peace and security (WPS) in East Africa, Austria and at EU-level.
Central to the program is the organizational capacity development component in support of transforming social norms through: engaging men and boys, strengthening women’s agency and participation in decision making incorporating a psychosocial support (PSS) approach, and thirdly gender transformative programming, knowledge management and advocacy.
Starting date: As soon as possible – 1st January 2017 at the latest
- Strategic guidance and overall coordination of organizational development and capacity development in the fields of gender and WPS related advocacy and PSS in close cooperation with the regional counterparts and L4C staff, CARE Österreich Gender Advisor and Program Coordinator Capacity Development
- Technical backstopping and coaching for WPS advocacy and PSS related organizational development in more than 20 civil society and government partner organizations in close coordination with two regional thematic leaders
- Planning and implementation/moderation of trainings and advocacy events in context of gender and WPS (especially UN1325) related advocacy and PSS
- Thematic inputs and coordination for the development of position/policy papers, training curricula and manuals, learning and evidence based advocacy publications in the areas of WPS and PSS
- Contributions to PSS and Advocacy related monitoring and reporting of L4C and to knowledge management and programming in context WPS and PSS of CARE Austria
- Ability and willingness to travel
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experiences in development context; out of that min. 3 years in gender, advocacy and understanding of community based PSS
- Strong capacity and meaningful practical working experiences (preferably in the field) in organizational development, knowledge management and capacity development
- Sound understanding of key themes of gender, WPS and PSS and results-based M&E
- Intercultural competence and excellent communication skills (team player)
- Learning attitude, structured working approach and hands on mentality desired
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (French is an asset)
- Contributing to the success of a diverse programme in an international context
- Working with a professional and committed intercultural team
- Duty station in CARE Österreich Office, Vienna (up to 40% travels)
- Full time contract (starting at EUR 40,000 gross remuneration annually based on the above mentioned qualifications; higher classification depending on relevant professional experience)
An EU citizenship or established work permit is a necessary requirement for this post. Only applications which fulfill all required qualifications will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application by at the 15th November 2016 latest. Please send your CV and motivation letter in English as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters to CARE Österreich, firstname.lastname@example.org. If your mother tongue is not German, please send your motivation letter in German. Applications will be treated confidentially.
To learn more about CARE and CARE Österreich, please visit www.care.at
CARE’s Vision: We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security