Embassy of Canada to Austria seeks Program Assistant
The Embassy of Canada to Austria is looking for a dynamic and innovative
to join the Foreign Policy and Diplomacy (FPDS) section.
Under the general supervision of the FPDS Program manager, the Program Assistant takes a leading role in enhancing Canada’s public image in Austria by:
- Developing strategic advice, generating content, and coordinating the embassy’s presence on social media and advise the Ambassador on social media questions;
- Coordinating the publication of the embassy’s German language e-newsletter, Canada Insights;
- Promoting opportunities to study and work in Canada to the Austrian youth at events, fairs and online;
- Liaising with Austrian academic institutions including Canadian Studies Centres;
- Organizing the logistics for hospitality events and high level visits and participating in the organization committee of larger events, for example Ministerial visits and the annual Canada Day reception.
In addition, the Program Assistant plays a key role in providing office support for the FPDS section, including financial operations, information management, travel arrangements, as well as other related duties. The FPDS section is a small team, and so the Program Assistant is also required to perform other duties as required in support of the FPDS operation.
Area of selection/Eligibility:
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Austria, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor not directly related to the stated qualifications for the position.
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university
- Fluency in German (oral and written, including the ability to proofread texts for publication).
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Language capabilities will be tested and must score C1 or C2.
- Minimum 1 year of recent* experience managing or contributing to a corporate social media account
- Minimum 1 year of recent* experience in event organization
*Recent is defined as within the last 5 years.
- Working effectively with others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Thinking things through
- Ability to design a social media strategy, and to generate and proofread content for online publication
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public
- Ability to organize events and manage projects
- Knowledge of the priorities of Global Affairs Canada: http://www.international.gc.ca/gac-amc/priorities-priorites.aspx?lang=eng
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
- Fluency at the level C1 or C2 in French (oral & written)
- Experience in managing budgets and expenditures and managing information
- Recent experience (within the past five years) working in a diplomatic mission, a government agency, an international organization or a multinational company
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
Further information & application: www.wfca-tpce.com