International Blue Cross seeks Fundraising and Social Media Officer
The International Blue Cross is a Christian Value Based health development organisation dedicated to caring for people harmed by alcohol and illicit drugs. We are a non-governmental umbrella organisation that brings together over 40 national Blue Cross societies – called member organisations – around the globe. Our role, at the International Blue Cross Secretariat in Bern, Switzerland, is to raise funds for, and support effectively our member organisations’ projects benefitting the neediest and most vulnerable local communities. Our practice is based on Christian values – in particular respect, solidarity, empowerment, and inclusiveness, and our assistance and presence is non-discriminatory.
International Blue Cross is looking through its member’s country offices for an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative
Fundraising and Social Media Officer
to help expand and maintain the International Blue Cross’s funds and portfolio of donors and to develop our presence in social media.
Employment from June 2016 or by arrangement
- To raise funds for the International Blue Cross
- To develop and maintain a portfolio of planned donors
- To research and identify new prospects to expand on the existing portfolio
- To develop and maintain strong contact with potential donors, and prepare any documentation for them, when necessary
- To fill in funding applications and develop compelling cases for support
- To network and provide presentations for potential funders on the International Blue Cross, in collaboration with the General Secretary
- To develop social media and other publications to promote IFBC
- To work with and keep the Secretariat’s team up to date on funding opportunities
- Educated on degree level or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of English and German and some understanding of French, additional language skills are of advantage
- writing and presentation skills
- experience in successful fundraising in the international context
- Available to work on-line as part of a matrix organisation
- experience in creating new networks for organisations through web platforms
- Knowledge of fundraising databases and strong IT skills
- Excellent communication and social skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with donors
- Good team player with skills in working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Flexibility and humour
- Interesting and varied activities in an international environment with many opportunities to be proactive
- A motivated and committed international team that works together through Skype
- Possibilities of networking with other NGO’s, businesses and government institutions
- Our office is located in the city of Bern, Switzerland, but in this position you will be located at your home office or within national Blue Cross branch from whom we will contract this service. There may be occasional requirement to travel to necessary meetings.
Salary and working level are set and the contract will be negotiated according to national employment regulation.
We look forward to your written application and CV in English via e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 4 July 2016: Interviews will be held in collaboration with IFBC and the National Blue Cross during July 2016.
For further information, please contact: Anne Babb, Mob. +358 (0) 44 0277880, firstname.lastname@example.org