International Health Organisation seeks EU Affairs Policy Advisor (m/f)
A well-established European non-profit Health umbrella Organisation is searching for a dynamic pioneer-spirited
EU Affairs Policy Advisor (m/f)
– based in Vienna or Brussels.
This reliable and active spokesperson should be rooted within the organisation, should be a professional, well accepted representative and dialogue partner with extraordinary social and communication skills.
The overall focus of the position is an effective and tailor-made representation as the medical organisation’s voice on the Brussels EU scene.
- Effective representation of the medical health organisation and its interests
- Continuous contact to all relevant stakeholders within the EU institutions
- Well-informed and timely advice on current and emerging policy discussions
- Effective consultation and communication with the organisation’s board, Member Societies, other external stakeholders
- Implementation of effective administrative processes in coordination with colleagues
- Reporting to Executive Director and Volunteer Boards
- Ideally demonstrated experience in comparable health-related EU position
- Thorough understanding of the functioning of European Institutions and decision making process
- Familiar with the EU system and the major players, commissions and decision making bodies and knowing influential people and how to bring health related messages across
- Research-minded, with strong descriptive and analytical capacities, with a hungry appetite for facts and medical issues
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement and relationship management on Brussels level, including the ability to plan, identify and liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to inform policy development demonstrated experience in composing excellent policy briefs and background analysis
- Ability to initiate and manage projects, develop implementation strategies, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities, excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional, well accepted presenter, highly loyal, able to be a highly credible and trustful ambassador for an important European organisation
- Excellent English (work language)
Remuneration: EUR 70,000 gross annual salary (incl. variable pay) with willingness to overpay depending on demonstrated experience.
If you are interested in this challenging international position, please forward your CV and a recent photograph quoting reference number K6039 to firstname.lastname@example.org.