OSCE seeks an Intern (m/f)
The Communication and Media Relations Section (CMR) is part of the Office of the Secretary General. CMR promotes awareness of the OSCE among the general public and with media, using both traditional and social media to achieve its mission.
A key element is the creation of an attractive and accessible online presence through its website and social media platforms, by producing and targeting attractive products to key audiences.
The OSCE is looking for a
Online Communications Intern (m/f)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Section is looking for internship candidates with online communication skills. The selected candidate will work alongside team members to develop the OSCE website and be tasked with:
- Providing assistance with the maintenance of the OSCE public website;
- Providing assistance in managing the OSCE social media channels and campaigns;
- Producing simple multimedia products (podcasts, graphics, video clips) for use in social media.
- Candidates need to show an understanding of online media and demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative in its use.
- Applicants should be under the age of 30 (on the date of the deadline of this vacancy) and from an OSCE participating State;
- Students in the final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution) at graduate or postgraduate level, i.e. within one year of graduation, or recent graduates or postgraduates, with a background in media studies, journalism, political sciences, international relations or a related field with basic multi-media skills;
- Previous work experience in press, public information, communications or media campaigns would be an asset;
- An understanding of the use of new technology for communications campaigns;
- Knowledge of how to use social media to reach target audiences;
- Ability to produce and create simple podcasts, graphics and video clips for use in social media platforms;
- Professional fluency in English with ability to write in a fluent, journalistic style;
- An understanding of how to work with multiple audiences, and create and maintain networks of interest;
- Ability to initiate ideas and to bring them to fruition as part of a team effort;
- Experience with data design/infographics would be an asset;
- Some work experience/previous internships in an international or regional environment would be an asset;
- Ability to work in a team and establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The OSCE is not in a position to either pay any remuneration during the internship nor reimburse travel expenses. However, interns selected who are non-residents of Vienna may be eligible for some compensation towards their living costs in Vienna.
The internship lasts three (3) to six (6) months and does not constitute a commitment for future employment with the OSCE.
The selected intern will participate in the group health insurance scheme at his/her own expense, but the OSCE will cover life and disability insurance.
How To Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE’s online application link. The application date line is Nov. 21st, 2016.