OSCE seeks Associate Public Information Officer
The Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (SR-CTHB) represents the OSCE at the political level on anti-trafficking issues. The Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator (OSR-CTHB) assists OSCE participating States in the implementation of all relevant commitments and full usage of recommendations set forth in the OSCE Action Plan to Combat Trafficking in Human Beings and its Addenda. The Office provides a co-ordinating function among OSCE structures and institutions involved in combating trafficking in human beings (THB) with a focus on the following activities: enhancing the awareness and understanding of all forms of THB across the OSCE region; policy, planning and advocacy especially in the area of emerging trends of THB and effective approaches to combat THB; and direct assistance to participating States in practical and technical areas, at their request.
Associate Public Information Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Programme Officer, the Associate Public Information Officer will be responsible for communicating relevant activities and information to the media, co-ordinating the production of all publications within the Office of the Special Representative/Co-ordinator, and managing the Office¿s website and contact database. The incumbent will also be responsible for the overall coherence of the Office¿s publications and consistency with the Office¿s strategy and objectives, OSCE style standards, terminology and political balance. Specifically, the selected candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Writing, editing, proof-reading and restructuring written submissions, such as reports, publications, brochures, fact sheets and other public information materials for both internal and external use to promote awareness of the activities of the Special Representative/Co-ordinator;
- Drafting press releases and official statements for conferences and organizing meetings, round tables and special press events on the work of the Office; co-ordinating press conferences in co-operation with Communication and Media Relations Section;
- Liaising with journalists, media and press officers across the OSCE area to promote the visibility of the OSR/CTHB, its efforts and the effectiveness of its work;
- Drafting and co-ordinating the drafting, layout and production of the Annual Report of the SR/CTHB; drafting the contribution of the OSR/CTHB to the OSCE Annual Report;
- Assisting in preparing and or delivering briefings on behalf of the OSR, including for visitors, or the delegations of OSCE participating States on the activities of the OSR/CTHB;
- Monitoring news and other media sources (in printed and electronic form) and making relevant information available to professional staff in the Office and other THB focal points;
- Maintaining the web page, updating relevant content and managing social media accounts of the Special Representative;
- Co-ordinating the physical and digital library (including maintaining and regularly updating the catalogue of publications and other resources, and drafting of abstracts of selected publications);
- Maintaining subscriptions to relevant news publications and the Office¿s contact data base; keeping records of the recent publications/research on THB and related issues;
- Accompanying the SR on selected duty trips and promoting her/his work as appropriate with local media;
- Performing other related duties as assigned and required.
For more detailed information on the work of the Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, please see https://www.osce.org/secretariat/trafficking
- First-level university degree in political/social sciences, journalism, communications or related field;
- A minimum of four years of professional experience in the media/public relations field;
- Professional fluency in English including excellent written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of other OSCE languages would be an asset;
- Excellent drafting, editing, presentation and public relation skills, with ability to write convincingly;
- Experience in editing media products (including videos), preferably in an international, multi-cultural environment;
- Strong knowledge of social media applications;
- Working experience in the human rights field would be an asset; experience with interacting with the diplomatic/multi-lateral affairs community is advantageous;
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to work within limited time frames;
- Computer literate with practical experience of Windows applications as well as standard graphic software applications, photo and video editing;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Cultural sensitivity and political judgement; ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Denken Sie bitte daran, bei Ihrer Bewerbung www.politjobs.at zu erwähnen.