OSCE seeks Monitoring, Evaluation and Training Expert (m/f)
The Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (OSR-CTHB) would like to engage the services of a:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Training Expert (m/f)
to assess the achievements and results of this training project, to recommend adjustments and to facilitate reporting.
The Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (SR/CTHB) represents the OSCE at the political level on anti-trafficking issues. The Office of the SR/CTHB assists OSCE participating States in the implementation of commitments and full usage of recommendations set forth in the OSCE Action Plan to Combat Trafficking in Human Beings. The Office provides a co-ordinating function among OSCE structures and institutions involved in combating trafficking in human beings (CTHB) with a focus on the following activities: enhancing the awareness and understanding of THB across the OSCE region; policy planning and advocacy especially in the area of emerging trends of THB and effective approaches to combating THB; and direct assistance to participating States in practical and technical areas, at their request.
The Extra-budgetary (ExB) Project of the first OSCE human trafficking simulation-based learning initiative promotes an innovative approach to capacity building, whereby anti-trafficking practitioners from both OSCE participating States and Partners for Cooperation are called to engage in real-time simulated scenarios to identify and investigate human trafficking, thus improving synergy among key national stakeholders. During three training activities, some 200 practitioners from the judiciary, law enforcement, financial investigation, labour inspection and NGOs will work in teams to investigate simulated cases of labour and sexual exploitation among migrants, including child victims. Moreover, participants will be encouraged to make use of financial investigation techniques to trace and seize the traffickers’ profits. The exercises will be based on realistic, expert-developed scenarios.
The Project objective is to enhance the ability of interested participating States and Partners for Co-operation to effectively investigate/prosecute human trafficking and to promptly identify victims of trafficking in human beings (THB) along migrations routes by promoting a multi-agency and human rights-based approach.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities):
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The expected start date of the consultancy assignment is anticipated for October 2016, with the initial contract issued for a period of up to two months, with the possibility of extension pending satisfactory completion of expected outputs/deliverables.
The Consultant/Expert will work under the general supervision of and in close co-operation with the Programme Officer (CTHB) and is responsible for:
- Assisting with the identification and implementation of needed adjustments to the current project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system;
- Drawing up a M&E action plan that specifies the responsibilities for prescribed deliverables as well as clear timelines;
- Developing forms for data collection & analysis (M&E reporting structure);
- Coordinating the collection of data from all required sources;
- Closely collaborating and working with the project team, ensuring that all the M&E tools are developed in accordance with the project design, donor
- standards as well as OSCE rules and regulations;
- Studying and analysing the project proposal, the logical framework and work plans;
- Evaluating the design of the project and how the project proposal was drafted;
- Reviewing produced material and reports, including the call for proposals as well as the set of documents and scenarios prepared by experts, analysing
- them to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation;
- Based on the project’s logical framework, monitoring the implementation of the project, especially the organization and implementation of the three
- simulation-based trainings, including the quality of the theoretical lessons as well as the investigative behaviour and responses of trainees during the
- simulations (reacting to “injections”/recommendations from the monitors/experts);
- Producing quarterly performance reports on the implementation of the project and, if needed, recommending important changes/revisions for the
- following simulation-based trainings for better achievement of project objectives;
- Supporting the implementation of changes and their monitoring;
- Reviewing budget utilization and proposing any budget revisions, if needed;
- Documenting lessons learned in the design and implementation of a simulation-based training project for wide dissemination;
- Preparing a final M&E report including assessment and recommendations;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- University degree in social science, political science or a related field, preferably with a focus on THB and/or other human rights-related issues;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating training projects (incl. the design and implementation of M&E systems), preferably in the field of combating trafficking in human beings;
- Strong experience in writing M&E reports;
- Very strong analytical, planning, system development and organizational skills, including results-orientation;
- Good understanding of theory of change concepts and approaches;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Proficiency in using the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; previous experience with Microsoft Project is an asset.
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant’s qualifications and experience and will be in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
How To Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.