Part-time Events Coordinator (m/f/d)
The Event and Space Management Unit at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a
Part-time Events Coordinator (m/f/d)
- Starting date: May 2021, Vienna campus
- Application deadline: Open until filled
- Full- Or Part-Time: Part time (30 hours/week)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the booking, planning and execution of events, under supervision of the Head of the Event and Space Management Unit, and in close cooperation with other members of the Event and Space Management teams in Vienna and Budapest. The role consists of assisting with room set-up and takedown, and being the key point of contact before and during events. This position will also have a key role in the contract management of external companies to ensure the service standards of the contracted companies are being met.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists clients with day-to-day requirements and inquiries leading up to events and provides professional recommendations on key planning components such as audiovisual elements, room configurations, décor, programming and customized tours.
- Oversees the execution of all events once on-site.
- Acts as a key point of contact before and during events.
- Oversees and assists with room set-up and takedown for internal and external events, and events organized in cooperation with external partners.
- Works closely with support teams.
- Identifies and contacts potential partners and service providers and communicates with them as necessary.
- Works alongside, and in partnership with, contracted companies during events.
- Engages with clients and supports events as required (special requests, guests’ concerns and event orders).
- Assists and leads during site visits with potential and existing clients and service providers.
- Participates in pre-event meetings with internal and external clients and assists in establishing clear and realistic expectations.
- Assists with the design of events, including planning timelines/agendas for events and setup planning based on floorplans.
- Solves/troubleshoots basic client concerns and challenges with adherence to CEU policies and procedures.
- Makes key service decisions independently during the event by following appropriate guidelines and established practices.
- Books the spaces and facilities in CEU’s booking system.
- Creates reports and statistics based on CEU’s booking system.
- Adheres to institutional policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Fire and Safety policy and procedures, and ensures safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of working experience with events and a Bachelor’s degree in in tourism or hospitality i, or equivalent combinations of skills and experience
- Proven experience in outstanding customer service skills with professional presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with visitors, staff, contractors, clients, volunteers and members of the public
- Experience working with a wide variety of people with diverse needs
- Ability to work both independently and within a team setting
- Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple client files simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and in German
We offer a competitive salary of which will commensurate with experience and starts from 25.000 EUR/year.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com – including job code in subject line: 2021/031.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.at in your application!