Trade Adviser (m/f/d) Global Growth
The British Embassy in Vienna is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Trade Adviser to join its Department for International Trade (DIT) team on a fixed-term contract until 31 March 2021. The successful applicant will work in a highly experienced and motivated team. The role will focus on how to support British companies maximise trade opportunities in Austria, as well as Austrian companies interested in the UK market.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) promotes British trade and investment around the world; helps to build interest in British goods and services globally; and works to encourage foreign investment into the UK. DIT also brings together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade & investment and to help businesses to succeed. The Trade Advisor will conduct research, write reports and facilitate business between UK and Austrian companies through collaboration and consultation. For more information about DIT please follow the link.
Trade Adviser (m/f/d) Global Growth
This is a back filled position, coordinated with DIT Europe. The successful candidate will work closely with the regional enquiry hub and with DIT’s export support network in the UK to identify and drive high potential British exporters, including innovative SMEs and Mid-Sized Businesses (MSBs) into supply chains in Austria. The job will require knowledge of the Austrian financial technology sector. The job holder will also work with the enquiry hub and with the UK regional network to communicate high value opportunities to business, in areas aligned to UK industrial strengths, as part of an innovative promotional programme.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Head of DIT in-market to support the Europe enquiry hub in delivering commercial services, guidance, information and support to high potential British exporters – including innovative small companies, entrepreneurs and MSBs;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Europe to ensure a comprehensive and joined-up approach that maximises the returns for high potential exporters – using success in one European market as a springboard to success in another;
- Align and coordinate with Head of DIT Austria to build in-market networks and partnerships able to provide commercial services, guidance, information and support alongside DIT teams;
- Promote UK products, services and export opportunities across sectors of importance for UK and Austria: organisation of seminars, workshops, inward and outward missions – particularly in the technology sector; participation at selected trade fairs and exhibitions primarily in the technology sector with a focus on Fintech, LegalTech, InsurTech and RegTech;
- Help to create and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with DIT’s export support network in the UK to identify, target and engage a pipeline of high potential clients;
- Contribute to efforts to communicate opportunities in the European market through support for an imaginative regional promotional programme.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Fluency in German and English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*);
- Proven IT skills, including capabilities in digital marketing, digital project management;
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills;
- An interest and understanding of geopolitical and global economic activity;
- Drive and initiative to get things done, adaptability and a positive mindset towards working as part of a broader team.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of business development ideally in an international context;
- An understanding of the UK and Austrian business environment
Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
07 April 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a local staff position in the British Embassy Vienna; it is not a diplomatic designated position. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of British Embassy employees. This is a full-time and fixed-term contract until 31 March 2021, 5 days per week. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Austrian / UK public holidays per year and we are committed to ensuring a work / life balance. The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements. The monthly salary will be € 3,162 gross, payable 14 times a year. Please note that UK nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Austrian (UK) tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process. All other nationals will receive paid their salary minus social insurance deductions and are expected to comply with Austrian tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Austrian authorities. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Austrian employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Austria and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
To apply please follow this link.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.at in your application!